Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Staying at the Bellagio but cant afford a lake view room?

I booked the Bellagio for my honeymoon from the UK and have stretched my budget as it is but i have booked a normal deluze room (cheapest) cos I cant afford the extra $400 to stay in a deluxe lakeview room (next option). What kind of a view will i get and are they nice. NB Im used to staying in 3 star hotels. Do you think if i tell them its my honeymoon they'll upgrade me for free??!


Assuming you are not in the spa tower, there are three possible views you will get: lake, pool, or facing the road/freeway/Ceasar's... obviously the last is the least desirable.

First, check their website regarding any promotions - they often have promotions with free upgrades for the lakeview. The next suggestion is to check in early, if they have this available they will often accomodate the request at check-in. The previously mentioned suggestion of tipping may work, but I've had about 50/50 success in just asking without tipping, so I am not sure this is necessary (probably can't hurt - won't hurt either to mention it's your honeymoon, might get a freebie of some sort!).

Of the possible views, the last one mentioned can be ok, depending on the specifc room, and how high up you are... but the lake view and the pool view are probably better. Overall though, whatever the view, it's a great place to stay and you can expect very good service and great ammenities.

If you arent getting Strip View you are most likely getting parking lot view

The Bellagio is beautiful, I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure it will be great. Remember it doesn't matter about the view, you'll be far too concerned with each other. Also, you can stand on a bridge outside and watch the fountains which is spectacular and very romantic.

But dropping the detail about your honeymoon is maybe a good idea, you never know what you'll get!

Hi There

I stayed in the Bellagio and was lucky enough to afford a lake view room.

Depending on the time you are going, my recommendation is to strike up an email relationship with the consierge. They helped me obtain tickets for Elton John. Their service is phenominal.

Alternatively - look into staying at one of the hotels facing the Bellagio - the Paris. A strip facing room with them will be cheaper - whilst you won't get the music, you will see the fountains. You could always book dinner in the restaurant inside the Bellagio facing the lake.

To be absolutely honest, for the time that you spend in your room, the $400 is not truly worth it.

I'm off to Vegas for the 4th time later this year - I love it! Reply if I can help you further!

Best wishes & have a great time.

Well, im in exactly the same boat as you. Im going to be staying in the bellagio in April (im from the UK) and we have booked the same room type as you. I booked the hotel through expedia, and the lake view room was another £200 (ish) So we did not book the lake view room (as we had already pushed ourselves a little to stop in the bellagio) Exactly the same as you really. I would love to be in a lake view room, and will deffinately be trying my luck with reception (what have you got to loose?) I have seen many photos of the delux rooms and they look really nice, and I have heard many reviews about the Bellagio, as ive looked into it alot, and people say its fantastic! The view from the back of the hotel is nice too tho, you look out towards the palms hotel, its quite a nice view from what I have seen. Although the lake view would be amazing, try your luck at reception, im going to, and if I get the free upgrade, brilliant! If not, im stopping in the Bellagio in Las Vegas, what more could I want?

Best of luck, hope you get it, wish me luck too!

Deano

If you tip the check-in clerk when you are checking in, before you hand over your credit card, and ask if they can accomodate you in a lakeview room, you have about a 50/50 chance of getting the free upgrade. The tip will need to be $40 or $50. It works about half the time; they'll return your tip if they can't accomodate you. Just telling them it is your honeymoon won't get you anything except maybe a word of congratulations. In Vegas, money gets you everything and no-money gets you nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment